The Weeden House Museum and Garden is one of Northeast Alabama’s most unique venues for events. Located in the heart of downtown Huntsville, in the historic Twickenham district, the Weeden House Museum and Garden provides an elegant atmosphere and ideal setting for meetings, parties, weddings and receptions. It offers:
- The Weeden House is a historic home built in 1819, beautifully decorated with antiques and period furnishings.
- Maximum capacity is 100 people inside the house.
- A large porch and patio lead to the breathtaking garden area. Utilizing the outdoor areas, 150 guests can be accommodated.
- Some tables and seating are available; however, you are responsible for renting additional chairs, seating and equipment as needed. And while we offer tables and chairs, the lessee is responsible for the setup and take down of all items.
- A kitchen with oven/stove top, microwave, refrigerator and freezer is located just steps from the dining room.
- You may hire a caterer of your choosing, and alcohol is allowed.
- Special rates are available for non-profit organizations.
Please email or call for rental date availability and to schedule an appointment to visit.
Wedding Ceremonies and Receptions
Our wedding package is $4000 for 10 hours on wedding day if it's a Saturday. If you'd like to reserve a Sunday-Friday for your wedding and/or reception, the fee is $3750 for 10 hours. This time is for set up/decorating, the wedding/reception and cleanup. This package includes an additional hour one evening prior to the wedding for a rehearsal.
SOME RENTAL RULES
- A rental contract must be signed, and a deposit paid at time of signing. A date is not secured until both are received.
- All renters must pay a $500.00 damage deposit, which will be refunded after the event provided that the museum has not sustained any damage during the event. A walk through is required before and after an event.
- All evening events must end by 10:00 PM.
- There is a limit on the number of guests (100) allowed inside the house at any time due to the Fire Code. (This number is subject to change due to COVID precautions.)
- Plans regarding set up and use of the house and grounds must be approved by the museum director prior to the event. Digging, nailing into the structure or trees, and similar activities are not permitted.
- Smoking and vaping are prohibited on the grounds and in the house. It is the renter's responsibility to ensure compliance
- Alcohol is Permitted on the premises. It is the renter's responsibility to supply and supervise at all times.
- A security guard is required onsite for all evening events and/or for any event alcohol is served. The guard is arranged through the Huntsville Police Department and has minimum hourly reservation.
What am I expected to provide for events at the Weeden?
- an event planner
- set up and take down of tables and chairs
- flatware, dishes, stemware, utensils
- extra tables and chairs beyond what's provided
- payment for security guard-$50 per hour (if events are night events or if alcohol is served.)
- restroom trailer if expecting more that 100 guests
What's included in general events rental?
- Events such as parties, rehearsals, dinners, businesses meetings, etc. are available for $400 per hour Sundays-Fridays. Saturday events are $425 per hour.
- All table and chairs available for weddings are also available for general events.
What's included in the wedding or reception rental?
- 10 hours of rental time for the downstairs of the museum and the garden area.
- access to the catering kitchen.
- 12-60 inch round tables
- 96 chairs
- 2-8 feet tables
- 3-6 feet tables
- 4-high top pub tables
- 1 hour rehearsal the night before